The British Nuclear Medicine Society has been at the forefront of guideline production for over 20
years. Procedural and Clinical Guidelines representing good clinical practice have been developed
across a wide variety of indications ranging from generic to specialist topics. BNMS Guidelines are
based on available evidence, are regularly updated and are available to download free.
We are inviting all BNMS members to contribute to the current development of the Society's procedures and guidelines. See below the list of guidelines that we currently produce:
- Administration of medicinal products by non - medical personnel as part of clinical medical procedures
- Radionuclide Cardiac Ventriculogram
- Myocardial Perfusion Imaging
- Clinical Competence in Myocardial Perfusion.
- Administration of Intravenous Radiopharmaceuticals
- The Provision of Radionuclide Diagnostic Services
- Standards of delivery of a Nuclear Medicine Service
- SPECT/CT and PETCT Imaging
- Sentinel Node localisation
- Renal Cortical Scintigraphy (DMSA)
- Radionuclide thyroid scans
- Quality Assurance of Intraoperative Gamma Probes
- Provision of Paediatric Radionuclide Imaging Services
- Measurement of Glomerular Filtration Rate using Plasma Sampling
- Lacrimal Scintigraphy
- Intraoperative Gamma Probe Procurement Questionnaire
- Hepatobiliary Scintigraphy
- Guidelines on the user evaluation and selection of Intraoperative Gamma Probes
- Guidelines for the provision of physics support to NM
- Guidelines for the Issue of Reports by Non-Medical Staff
- Guidance on Staffing - guidelines for the provision of radiopharmacy support to NM
- Guidance on Clinical Incidents in NM Resulting in Repeat Radiopharmaceutical Administrations
- Gamma Camera Tender Documents
- Dynamic Renal Radionuclide Studies
- Consent Issues in Nuclear Medicine
- 99mTc Diphosphonate Bone Imaging for Metastases
- PET/PET-Ct gamma camera tender questionnaire
If you would like to register an interest to contribute to the development of the BNMS guidelines please contact Charlotte Weston (email@example.com) providing your contact details, listing the guidelines you are interested in and explaining your experience and special interest in these specific guidelines.
We will add you to our database of special interest and contact you when those specific guidelines are due to be updated.
The updating process will mainly consist of working remotely however if a face to face meeting is required, expenses will be covered.