What is IRPA?
Membership of IRPA for UK radiation protection professionals is through membership of the Society for Radiological Protection (SRP), including the SRP International Member category available to all appropriately qualified members of SRP’s Partner Societies:
• Association of University Radiation Protection Officers (AURPO)
• British Institute of Radiology (BIR)
• British Nuclear Medicine Society (BNMS)
• College of Radiographers (CoR)
• Institute of Physics and Engineering in Medicine (IPEM)
• Royal College of Radiologists (RCR)
Further information on IRPA can be obtained from the following website:
Brazil has unveiled plans to build a $483 million nuclear reactor to produce molybdenum-99 (Mo-99) and industrial-grade enriched uranium.
The Brazilian newspaper O Estado de S. Paulo reported that the facility will be built in Iperó, approximately 80 miles southeast of São Paulo. It is the same area where the Brazilian navy is developing a nuclear submarine project and building ultracentrifuges to enrich uranium.
According to the report, the reactor could be online in 2014.
Copyright © 2010 AuntMinnie.com