This website uses cookies to store information on your computer. Some of these cookies are used for visitor analysis, others are essential to making our site function properly and improve the user experience. By using this site, you consent to the placement of these cookies. Click Accept to consent and dismiss this message or Deny to leave this website. Read our Privacy Statement for more.
Join BNMS | Print Page | Contact Us | Sign In
Adverse Event Reporting Information
Share |

Although adverse reactions following the administration of radiopharmaceuticals to patients are very rare, it is still important  to record any adverse event that may be associated with their use. This is to enable us to keep comprehensive information for the range of tests undertaken in Nuclear Medicine departments.

The UK Radiopharmacy Group act as coordinator for the collation of data relating to defective radiopharmaceutical products and patient adverse reactions.  This data is carefully scrutinised and acts as a means of informing the UK Nuclear Medicine community of potentially serious defects in products as well as a compendium of drug interactions and reactions which are published on an annual basis in the European Journal of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging.

Similarly we wish to record and categorise both potential and actual defective products to allow us to predict their quality and performance in clinical use.

I have read the Privacy Policy and grant consent to use my data.


© 2013 BNMS unless otherwise stated.
The BNMS is a registered as a company in England and Wales with number 08082786.  The BNMS is a charity governed by the rules of the Charity Commission for England and Wales - Registered Number 1150234.  Registered Office: The Royal College of Physicians, 11 St. Andrew's Place, Regent's Park, London NW1 4LE.
The British Nuclear Medicine Society is not able to give specific clinical advice to members of the public. If you are concerned about your scan or therapy please seek the opinion of a nuclear medicine clinician where you were seen or the clinician who referred you to the department or your GP.
Enquiries related to issues such as internships and work experience opportunities, should be directed to the relevant professional body e.g., for radiologists, this will be the Royal College of Radiologists.